The Liebster Award!
I was informed that Live Jennormously was nominated for The Liebster Award by Eric Gamble of The Bucket List Project. Eric created his blog as a way to share his bucket list and keep himself accountable in completing those items (we all need a little push sometimes!) and also to help others create their own lists and work towards completing it. I think it’s pretty inspiring and if you’re hesitating to get yourself out there, maybe you should pay him a visit!
So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Earliest cases of the award go as far back as 2011. It is a way to be discovered, but also to connect and support the blogging community.
“In German, Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award and choose to accept it, you are required to follow these rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site.
- List the rules of the award in your blog post & display an image of the award. Then write a post about your nomination on your blog.
- Answer the questions your nominee has asked in their blog post.
- Nominate 5-10 other deserving new bloggers for the award and ask them 10 questions of your choice.
- Revel in the winning of the Liebster Award!
My Questions and Answers:
- Of these four Wizard of OZ characters, which do you most resemble in your own life & why?
- The Protagonist (Problems just happen when you’re around.): Dorothy
- The Brains (You think of ways to avoid/escape problems.): Scarecrow
- The Heart (Everyone loves your spirit when problems occur.): Tin Woodman
- The Hero (“Who’s a coward now that your problem just got REAL?”): Cowardly Lion
I’m probably going to have to go with Tin Woodman, The Heart, for this one. I am an extremely empathetic person- probably to a fault. I am a cryer and do get pretty emotional over anything happy or sad. I’ll be that person who cries at your wedding.
- What is a scary moment you’ll never forget?
When I was a little kid, I almost drowned in a pool while on vacation in Thailand with my family. I knew how to swim but couldn’t touch the bottom of the deep end. My little brother wanted to join me in the “big kids pool” and jumped onto me. I remember struggling to keep my head up with the weight of another person on me so I had to pinch him to let go, and then pull him to the wall! I was pretty upset about the entire ordeal but I’m glad I recovered from it otherwise, I don’t think I’d be doing as much swimming as I am now!
- What is a Bucket List item you have already completed and why was it on your list?
Acquiring my PADI Open Water diver was at the top of the list, and now I have my Advanced Open Water Diver certificate! The biggest motivation for getting this certification was so I would be ready to swim with whale sharks when the opportunity arose. I’ll eventually make my way to Mexico or Southeast Asia to find them…
- What is the #1 travel destination item on your Bucket List and why?
It’s really tough to only choose 1 place when I want to travel to many locations for various purposes. If I had to choose just one, it would have to be the Han Son Doong cave in Vietnam. The cave is so large it can fit a 40-storey skyscraper and it has it’s very own climate. You should really look up this place, it looks stunning and will surely satiate the adventurer in you.
- What is the #1 Non-travel item on your Bucket list and why?
Since I’ve already achieved my diver status with PADI, my new #1 non-travel item on the bucket list has to be freediving. The motivation for this is to be able to swim without all my diving gear and trying spear fishing! Nothing like catching your own dinner and cooking it up.
- Pick one photo with a good story and tell it!
One summer I went on a beautiful hike and picnic at Joffre Lakes Provincial Park with my favorite human, Danton. I love animals and get so excited when I get a chance to interact with them. On our hike up to Upper Lake, we spotted a few Whisky Jacks in the trees watching the hikers pass by. Danton, being awesome and super prepared, had some trail mix for these little guys. I got to fulfill one dream to be like Snow White with her team of forest critters. It took a few tries to capture a great photo of them because they swoop down so quickly to grab the food. I regard this day as one of the best dates we’ve been on. He really knows how to make a girl feel special and I’m lucky he is my adventure buddy <3
P.S Glacial lakes are a great place to chill a bottle of wine after a hard hike!
- How do you find inspiration and get new ideas for your blog?
I am just starting out with writing so there are tons of things that I have thought about but haven’t created the content for, yet. I think a lot of my ideas come from browsing through my archived photos and revisiting those special memories I want to share with others. For inspiration, I look to my friends and my fellow adventurers across social media and see what they’re up to. When someone goes on an incredible hike or finds amazing wildlife on their dives, it motivates me to try something similar and all those new experiences can be turned into something that I can share on the blog!
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written?
I think my favorite post has to be about hiking the Juan De Fuca Marine Trail. It is one of the most beautiful trails I have been on in British Columbia, and it was the first time I attempted a multi-day hiking trip. I’ll never forget the pod of wild orcas hunting salmon at Botanical Beach, or waking up to the sound of the ocean waves and calls of sea lions. If you’re ever on Vancouver Island, I would suggest visiting any of the car accessible beaches for the day if backcountry camping isn’t for you.
- What is the Craziest or most Extreme thing you have ever done?
I wouldn’t call it the craziest thing I’ve ever done, but it was very spontaneous and unlike me at the time! I went on a solo trip to London, UK without a plan. I would consider myself a meticulous planner but this time I planned to not have one at all. It was a very interesting experience and led me to walk around 5-6 hours a day from parks to markets, and seeing things I probably wouldn’t have if I had a structured itinerary. It was great exercise, and I caught a ton of Pokemon…
- What is your favorite and least favorite candy bar?
My favorite candy bar is probably Aero, I love the “bubbles”. My least favorite? I don’t think there are any that I dislike. Maybe caramilk chocolate because it gets stuck in your teeth!
My Blogger Nominations:
Kevin Cruz – Kevin is a young entrepreneur with tons of ideas and insights on business. If you want to learn more about building relationships and what running a startup is like, you need to follow him!
AliceVsTheWorld – Alice chronicles her adventures as she takes on the world, one journey at a time! At her blog, you’ll find tips and guides to places that you’ve probably never heard of. Go and check her out =]
Yet Another Visa Run– Nate and Adriana are always traveling and off exploring new places. You never know where they’re going to be!
Travelling The World Solo- Ellen is a solo traveller hoping to see every country in the world! She is passionate about exploring and she’s also a registered midwife- how cool is that?!
My Hong Kong Husband– Paulina is a Polish girl married to a Hong Konger. She writes about life in Hong Kong, travel tips, and what it’s like to be in a AMWF (Asian Male, Western Female) relationship.
Questions for Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging and what motivates you to keep writing?
- What is your favorite travel story? Tell us!
- Do you have any “strange” hobbies?
- What is one thing you hope to achieve in 2017?
- Is there anything you accomplished in 2016 that you are extremely proud of? What was it?
- Share a photo with a great story, and tell it!
- What is your next destination, and what excites you about it?
- What are three things you HAVE to bring with you when traveling, and why?
- You can only eat 1 dish for the rest of your life, what is it?
- Use your name to create a dinosaur. Ex. Jennosaur or J-Rex